Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world.
New hallmarks added every day.
« Forums hallmarkwiki.com

Silver HallmarksHelp to Identify Silver hallmark

Help with hallmark on Chatelaine

Поделиться Вконтакте Поделиться в Facebook Добавить в Google+

Answer

k6614

created 14 Dec. 2017, 19:53
Help with hallmark on Chatelaine - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum Help with hallmark on Chatelaine - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum Help with hallmark on Chatelaine - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum Help with hallmark on Chatelaine - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum
Hello- I′m hoping that someone can help me to learn more about this Chatelaine that belonged to my grandmother. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
a8erno

RE: Help with hallmark on Chatelaine

created 18 Dec. 2017, 14:39
E P N S means Electro Plated Nickel Silver. England.
SteveDWollongong2

RE: Help with hallmark on Chatelaine

created 18 Dec. 2017, 23:49
The chatelaine itself is silver plated as previously identified by the EPNS. As it is only silver plated, there is no way of dating it precisely but given its style and the fact that it became illegal to use the crown mark on silver plate in 1896, I would confidently date this in the period 1885 - 1895.

Please note that I cannot make out exact details of hallmarks but I can see some and it looks to me as though the aide memoir (note pad with ivorine pages)is sterling silver. The long tubular case beside it could be a needle case, cheroot holder case or a pencil case and I suspect its a pencil case as a pencil is required to write on the aide memoir. It too is likely to be sterling silver but I cannot make out any marks. Additional close up photos of these and any marks on the individual items would be of benefit.
Finally check the chains and see if they have a tiny mark on each link as its possible the chains are silver and simply the chatelaine clip is plated.

cheers,
Steve

Answer
Hello Stranger!
At this forum to discuss anything related to the Hallmarks..
To start the discussion, click on one of the buttons below:

Login Sign up

Most Recent:
9 Jan. 2018, gerhard.degeer
Candlestick from 1800 - unknown stamp
8 Jan. 2018, Michelle62
Help me with the markings
4 Jan. 2018, Fabio
Help me!!!
19 Dec. 2017, SteveDWollongong2
Unknown hallmark JB
18 Dec. 2017, SteveDWollongong2
13 Dec. 2017, Stevejoslin
Need help with hallmarks
How to insert image

© 2011 — 2018 Silver Hallmarks hallmarkwikicom — Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world. New hallmarks added every day.
Forum Team · Active users · Terms of use · Privat policy