Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world.
New hallmarks added every day.
« Forums hallmarkwiki.com

Silver HallmarksGeneral discussion silver hallmarks

925 silver seashells, crabs, lobsters

Поделиться Вконтакте Поделиться в Facebook Добавить в Google+

Answer

lukeforsmann

925 silver seashells, crabs, lobsters

created 25 Oct. 2017, 23:15
I have 7 pieces of 925 silver marked 1507FI, and 925 in a separate oval. They are a lobster, crab, shrimp, and seashells. Does anyone have any idea what they might be?
SteveDWollongong2

RE: 925 silver seashells, crabs, lobsters

created 27 Oct. 2017, 01:56
Hi Luke,

Without seeing them it is difficult to tell but I would suggest they are purely ornamental. Silver sculptures such as yours were popular in Italy in the 20th C and the description of your marks, confirms they are Italian. Mario Buccellati is famous for them but many others also sculpted sea creatures.

So 925 silver, made in Florence(FI) however the registration number of 1507 does not correspond with any I know of for Florence. Depending on when they were made, there can be another character called a Fascio symbol next to the numbers which may be throwing you off on your interpretation.
Can you take a photo of the mark through a loupe or magnifying glass on a camera set to macro(usually a picture of a flower) Its important to not use flash so you may need to do this outside.

If I can establish the correct number, then the makers details should be available.

Cheers,
Steve

Answer
Hello Stranger!
At this forum to discuss anything related to the Hallmarks..
To start the discussion, click on one of the buttons below:

Login Sign up

Most Recent:
17 Now. 2017, Anneke Treuren
Unknown Hallmark
17 Now. 2017, Anneke Treuren
Unknown Hallmark
16 Now. 2017, Claus Christian
Unknown hallmarks
16 Now. 2017, Claus Christian
Unknown hallmarks
How to insert image

© 2011 — 2017 Silver Hallmarks hallmarkwikicom — Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world. New hallmarks added every day.
Forum Team · Active users · Terms of use · Privat policy