Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world.
New hallmarks added every day.
« Forums hallmarkwiki.com

Silver HallmarksHelp to Identify Silver hallmark

Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve

Поделиться Вконтакте Поделиться в Facebook Добавить в Google+

Answer

Ahrens

Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve

created 11 May 2017, 13:05
Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum
Recently inherited silver. Original owner was from Geneva, Switzerland, and came to the US near the beginning of World War II. I have identified the ″Rutishauser″ as likely ″Philippe Rutishauser, ciseleur et Antoine Rutishauser bijoutier.″ I think the pattern is ″Hanoverian.″ I have been unable to identify the hallmark. Thank you for any assistance you may be able to give on the history of these pieces.
SteveDWollongong2

RE: Flatware Set 800 Rutishauser from Geneve

created 12 May 2017, 08:21
Hi Ahrens,

You have already established that the name Rutishauser is that of the retailer rather than the maker which is corerct.
There appears to be two different makers in your photo and I can only clearly see the closest. It is the mark belonging to the Swiss maker, Jezler who have been in business since 1822.

I think I can see a subtle difference in the pattern of the two smaller spoons compared to the rest. Were these made by the other maker?

As far as them being Hanoverian pattern, I would agree they would fall into this category as terminals for both spoons and forks turn up and the overall shape is correct. Do the forks and largest spoons have a centre ridge? If so, this variation on the Hanoverian pattern is still made by Jezler and is called ″Baguette″.

Please see here:

http://www.jezler.ch/de/grossansicht.html?bs01

If you can post another photo of the second makers mark, I′ll be happy to see if I can identify it also.

All the best,
Steve

Answer
Hello Stranger!
At this forum to discuss anything related to the Hallmarks..
To start the discussion, click on one of the buttons below:

Login Sign up

Most Recent:
Yesterday, 21:35, oldmech68
Switzerland Silver Mark
Yesterday, 14:00, icalabrese
Hallmark identification help
Yesterday, 12:54, Timnorton
Russian Hallmark
17 Aug. 2017, SteveDWollongong2
925 silver necklace hallmark
17 Aug. 2017, SteveDWollongong2
I′m asking for help
How to insert image

© 2011 — 2017 Silver Hallmarks hallmarkwikicom — Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world. New hallmarks added every day.
Forum Team · Active users · Terms of use · Privat policy