Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world.
New hallmarks added every day.
« Forums hallmarkwiki.com

Other and Unknown Metals HallmarksHelp to Identify hallmark silver plated or unknown metal

German cup from the 1920′s with mysterious markings

Поделиться Вконтакте Поделиться в Facebook Добавить в Google+

Answer

Bhokara

German cup from the 1920′s with mysterious markings

created 22 Jul. 2020, 12:55
German cup from the 1920′s with mysterious markings - h.cx - Hallmarks Forum
Can anyone help identify the origin and maker of this tiny silver cup? It is about the size of a shot glass, and would have belonged to a WWI German military veteran. It could have been made in the 1920′s, or perhaps the early 1930′s. The markings don′t appear in any standard reference I have searched.

There should be an imperial crown and crescent moon marking as required by German law if it were made in Germany, but I cannot find one, which adds to the mystery. Underneath the line of markings seen in the photo, there is a microscopic triangular shield too small to get a detailed photo of. Inside the shield is a crown with a capital letter ″E″ underneath the crown. The shield itself is no bigger than 1/32″

Edited 22 Jul. 2020, 12:55
smm

RE: German cup from the 1920′s with mysterious markings

created 22 Jul. 2020, 14:41
It′s Spanish. The triangular mark is that of an importer. It should be viewed point uppermost and will have a number over a letter. See here.

Phil
Bhokara

created 22 Jul. 2020, 22:46
Hi Phil, thank you, that is super helpful. So the star marking indicates a .750 silver fineness after 1934, which helps me date the cup as well. I can′t photograph the little tiny shield marking (it′s about 1/32″ high), but I made a drawing of what I see with a 10 power loupe. It seems to be a crown inside the shield with what looks like a capital E underneath but maybe that could be the negative space around the numeral ″3″ somehow? Since I can′t post the drawing with this reply, I will create a new thread with the image for you. Chris
smm

created 23 Jul. 2020, 05:54
The triangle mark doesn′t seem to comply with Spanish marking conventions so maybe I mis-identified the 5-pointed star mark as Spanish. I don′t have any further suggestions at this point.

Phil

Answer
Hello Stranger!
At this forum to discuss anything related to the Hallmarks..
To start the discussion, click on one of the buttons below:

Login Sign up

Most Recent:
2 Aug. 2020, carmelMichelle
mystery to be solved 2
mystery to be solved 2
mystery to be solved
mystery to be solved
27 Jul. 2020, markmele
Old Spoon - Identification
26 Jul. 2020, Ches
silver hallmarks
24 Jul. 2020, samishleatheer
Women Leather Jackets
24 Jul. 2020, samishleatheer
Video Company
23 Jul. 2020, ebbs
silver hallmark Gerrman?
How to insert image

© 2011 — 2020 Silver Hallmarks hallmarkwikicom — Hallmarks encyclopedia.
More then 15,000 silver hallmarks from all over the world. New hallmarks added every day.
Forum Team · Active users · Terms of use · Privat policy